Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When do you start making money as an employee?


So, I'm still working on one of Loral Langemeier's programs called Building Your Wealth Cycles. I will write more about it as I continue, but thought you may be interested in this little startling fact that she shares on pg. 29 of the workbook:

"If you're an employee, due to the amount of taxes you're required to pay, you actually don't start making money for yourself until May 10th...so, from January 1st to May 9th...all the money you earn goes to the government for taxes! May 10th is when you start earning money for yourself!"


Now for most of us, it's not a surprise that the government is taking so much of our earned income, but it is shocking when you think about it like this.


Visit http://www.wealthfoundation.com/ for more information. I highly recommend this program, as it is coupled with yet another program by Loral and Bob Proctor - another great mentor.


Onward & upward! Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I was telling people this weekend how insane the ratio of tax dollars paid to net income and nobody was getting it. Just thinking about it gets me upset.

    ReplyDelete