Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happynews.com

A few months ago, I vowed to never watch the news again.

Now, I still stay up to date on things by reading headlines and eavesdropping mostly, but why inundate yourself? Several of my mentors have recommended this tactic (Timothy Ferriss, Rhonda Byrne, etc) and quite frankly, I'm recommending it to you. This tiny little step (or skipped step) in your day will certainly bring you more happiness - why focus on the world's trials and tribulations? Stop giving your attention to the bad, and focus on the good. Who ever really turns off the news and feels better about going to bed? The news used to be my reminder to lock the doors at night, and nothing more.

This is all a little crazy for me considering I was a journalism major, but our society simply focuses on the negative, and I think it's time for a change.

If you must take in some news (I recommend it in spare amounts) try web sites that focus on the positive, like http://Happynews.com - what an inspiring web site! With great stories, columns, videos, quotes and more, this site will certainly leave you feeling a little bit better about the world than when you first approached the site.

Check it out. Laugh a little. Inspire yourself. After all, who couldn't use a little inspiration in times like these?

"Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results." - Dennis Wholey

1 comment: