Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank you, BusinessWeek

I don't usually read each issue of BusinessWeek that arrives in the mailbox, but I do have a tendency to flip through and check the headlines (in the same manner many of you probably read the paper). It's not that I don't want to learn about what's going on in the world of business - I actually have quite an interest in it - which is why I subscribe to the publication in the first place. However, the stories lately only focus on the "failing economy", and similar stories of doom and gloom, and feelings I don't like to perpetuate...

That said, as I sat down for a short bike ride at the gym today and flipped through this issue, I found a wonderful opinion column on page 98 by Jack & Suzy Welch entitled, "Put Your Rage on the Back Burner". Consequently, I read on. It's a fabulous little piece that indirectly touches on the law of attraction (my favorite law). They say that 'rage begets only rage', i.e., like attracts like. That's right, you learned this in Chemistry, and have probably forgotten to continue applying it to the world you live in now. The best part of the entire story is a paragraph that states the following:

You can be sure, too, that legions of people out there aren't frightened by the economy. They're called entrepreneurs. And challenges don't make them surrender; they make them fierce.

This paragraph alone has planted a little seed in me to find those entrepreneurs, believers, yay-sayers, if you will. I'd like to learn their stories and write about them, and in turn will begin my own perpetuation of so-called 'happy thoughts'.

No comments:

Post a Comment