Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Calling for an optimistic approach

As graduation nears, it's hard to not get caught up in the stress of finding a job. Even I've let it get the best of me at times, but the search won't get me down anymore. I promise. It's a promise I've made to myself and refuse to break. It'd be nice if I didn't stand alone with my optimism though. I seem to be a lone soul in believing that the failing economy just isn't that bad. There. I said it. It's all in your head.

I think we all know the economy isn't ideal, but is it really grounds for perpetuating attitudes of doom and gloom? Do you not understand that you become what you believe? The world is jaded, and it's tiresome watching my peers excuse their in-actions by way of the economy. It's time to step up, and take responsibility for yourself. And I'll take responsibility for myself. If you continue to believe that there are no opportunities for you, inevitably, none will appear. It's not magic, it's just the power of thought; your thoughts. Let's make them positive together. Who knows? Maybe that's all we need.

And lastly, would it be too much for me to ask the bitter boomers to stop raining on our young, innocent parades? I may be naive, but I'm talented and prepared too. And if one more person tells me that I should take any job opportunity that I can get in 'this economy', rest be assured, your name will be taken. I am keeping track of you Negative Nancys, and writing a book about you, so someday you can read about my success, and start to believe in the power of optimistic thought yourself.

So here's to facing life with a new and improved optimistic approach.

I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

1 comment:

  1. You may remember the boomers, depending on age, have already experienced many an economic crisis including the following:
    • Banking Scandal (1980s)
    • Black Monday (1987)
    • Dotcom Bubble (2001)
    • Housing collapse

    Unfortunately, the stock market crash/subprime meltdown of 2008 is next in a long line. So, we do have some background to draw upon.

    I don’t think you need to take “any job opportunity” so you can get into “this economy”. However, you may want to consider the path you had originally planned out may have a few more or different curves.

    P.S. I’m looking forward to reading about your success.

    ReplyDelete